Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book 4: Fetish


Well, I am certainly having a go at my blogging mojo after months of not doing much! I am also trying to finish writing about the books I read in January before the end of January. As well as the Agatha Christies, I stayed in that genre (or a slightly related one) and read a number of Tara Moss books.

Tara Moss is a Canadian now living in Australia and today celebrating eight years of Australian citizenship she says on Facebook. Congratulations, Tara! We love to call you our own :>). I hadn't read any of Tara Moss' books until late 2009 when I heard her speak at a Sisters in Crime event and bought a book that night. That one was Siren and you can see it pictured with Polyxena in the side panel. I had, of course, heard of Tara Moss as she had won the Sisters in Crime Scarlet Stiletto award in 1998.

Anyway, once started I couldn't put the book down and I was hooked! Fetish is Tara's first novel and introduces her street-smart glamorous detective Mak, the daughter of a cop, who is working as a model while she studies forensic psychology. The book starts when she travels to Sydney for a job and finds the friend she is meant to be staying with has been murdered. This crime is part of the "Stiletto Murders". I am sure that some of them were scarlet.

I won't say more as I don't want to do a spoiler! You will all just have to get her books and read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails