Monday, January 25, 2010

2010 Books


It has taken me a while to get back to this challenge I have set myself for 2010. A number of family issues have kept me away from blogging, though not necessarily reading :>) I have also been pondering what is the best way to keep a record of these books before I actually record them here. I have played with Evernote as I mentioned in the last blog post. I have explored GoodReads which my sister uses. I have vaguely thought about a couple of the Facebook applications that relate to reading books and remembered why I stopped using them before.

I also revisited LibraryThing and BookJetty which I have experimented previously. I am sure that GoodReads is as @LadyMidnight suggests very flexible and appropriate but I guess I just didn't want to signup for yet another book application. There are also others which I have experimented with in the past and I won't even go into them! At the moment I have made a choice to document my 2010 reading in BookJetty and then blog about them here. I have already struck an issue here and been in communication with BookJetty about it: Australian publications don't appear in any of the databases and although there are links to lots of Australian libraries at present titles can only be added from Singapore Library Board catalogue.
ah well, I'll see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails