Monday, January 25, 2010

Book 1: A murder is announced

Murder is announced Agatha Christie Pictures, Images and Photos

After all this phaffing around playing with BookJetty and then with Goodreads which has some things going for it over BookJetty but still has the same lack of Australian content, I think it is probably about time that I wrote about reading a book! I am not really sure of the order in which I read the first few books and may well have been reading them simultaneously while watching television with my mother over my January mother-sitting.

Anyway the first book that I am going to mention is one by that old favourite of mine, Agatha Christie. It's A murder is announced and the copy I read wasn't the one pictured above but an old Pan paperback that I recently got given when a friend was clearing out a house after a relative's death. Like all Agatha Christie A murder is announced has been published and printed and reprinted in many, many formats and languages.

I was glad to have it as I don't think I own it (?) and it was nice to read at a stressful time. Despite not having read it for years I remembered the solution in the first chapter and enjoyed myself immensely picking out the clues that Agatha had placed in the text throughout. It is probably quite appropriate that an Agatha Christie is my first book for 2010. I have been reading and rereading her since I was a teenager and cannot even start to count the number of hours of pleasure I have gained from her books (and the films of the books).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails