Monday, December 27, 2010

#blog12daysxmas Summer reading Day 2 post


Christmas Day is past and, whilst we all have our new books to read, it is also time to dream, reflect and imagine with Boroondara's 150 favourite reads. This year on July 26 the City of Boroondara Library Service celebrated 150 years of continuous public library service in the area we now call Boroondara. As part of the celebrations, we asked our users to tell us what their all time favourite reads were. From this, we compiled a list of 150 favourite reads and we are currently running a Summer Reading program based on these.

The list includes adult and junior and both recent and old time favourites. You can download the list here. One of my tasks in the 12 days of Christmas is going to see how many of these titles/series I have already read and how many I haven't read. I know that there are some that I will never read because I have tried and don't like them but I am equally sure that there will be some new titles that I will discover and want to read over the summer.

If you want to take part in the Boroondara summer reading program the details are on our website. Though there will be some random prizes, this isn't so much a competition as an opportunity to explore Boroondara's favourite reads and to use the opportunity to dream, reflect and imagine. I'm off to check out the list! Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails