Sunday, January 2, 2011

#blog12daysxmas Day 9 Sisters in Crime


Yay! Today is Day 9 so I hope that this means that I am going to catch up and stay "catched" up :) I have several active blogs and for some reason started doing the #blog12daysxmas challenge on my reading blog. I can still swop around and do posts on different blogs but for the moment I am happy to take the opportunity to do a bit of reflection on me and reading and so this blog is the place to be.

As I have said in a number of posts, I think my book knowledge is not very good these days and also that I don't read enough new authors or even new books. I think one exception to that is women crime authors. I still don't read enough of them BUT most months I try to go to the Melbourne Sisters in Crime event where we are introduced to women crime writers. These are friendly casual events at Bells Hotel in South Melbourne on a Friday night. It seems to me sometimes that it is one of the few real efforts I make to keep my book knowledge current. If you want to come along any time, I would love to see you there. There doesn't seem to be a published schedule yet for 2011 but I am sure it will be out soon.

If you want more information on Sisters in Crime you can check them out on Facebook or on the Sisters in Crime Australia website. I just noticed that the website tells us that a series on Phryne Fisher is coming to ABC in 2011. That will be something I want to keep my eye on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails